Kindergarten Connection

Your child's week with Mrs. DeLapa


                      Last Week


My goodness the end of the year has come so quickly. The students have been anxious to help with packing up and cleaning the room. I can't speak to what happens at home, but each one of them is very helpful and great at cleaning and organizing. It has been fun working as a team getting our room ready for summer!


Step Up Day was a big hit on Thursday. Our class spent 15 ish minutes with Mrs. Brown and 15 in Mrs. Miller's class. They got a small taste of what 1st grade will be like.  Ask your child what he/she learned about 1st grade. 


Summer Reading Challenge information went home with the Book Bonanza books. Many of the things on the list are things you and your family will probably do anyway this summer. I will mention that the children love being able to return the checklist in the fall and collect their prizes. 


Snack and Leaders


May 26-Ara

May 27-Jack

May 28-Dawson

May 29-Teddy


We have 25 children in our class.


We have a child with a nut allergy in our class so please refrain from sending snacks with nuts of any kind.

Next/Last Week Events


Tuesday, May 27-Brown School Picnic-Please let me know if your child is not going to eat the School lunch. that day.


2 Important School Picnic Reminders

  1. Early Student Pick-Up: If a family plans to take their child home after the picnic, the student must first return to the school building to collect their backpack and meet their adult at the front office or gate BEFORE they sign out. We appreciate your help in following this procedure to ensure student safety and proper check-out.

  2. Picnic Attendance Reminder: The picnic is for approved volunteers only. While we would love to welcome all families, due to the large number of students and for safety reasons, only parents or guardians who have signed up and been approved to volunteer may attend. 

Wednesday-Friday, May 27-29 will be 1/2 days of school.


Thursday, May 28- End of the Year Classroom Party-Our committee is set and working on a great party for our kiddos.


Friday, May 29-Last Day of School 😥


I will be sending homework calendars for the summer months. They include some fun, different activities

that will help your child continue learning/maintaining during time away from school. Children typically

lose knowledge over the summer if parents are not intentional about keeping that from happening.

Thank you for keeping the learning going ☺.


Please continue to work on reading (both to your child and listening to him/her read) and high frequency words each 

day. As mentioned above, it really makes a difference in reading and writing achievement.


I'm guessing most of you have heard that I am retiring at the end of this year. I am filled with emotion of all kinds.

I have loved teaching and will miss it very much. So....this class will be my "swan's song."


Saying goodbye is not easy, especially after having the privilege of spending each day with your amazing children. Teaching kindergarten has been one of the greatest joys of my life. Watching children grow in confidence, curiosity, kindness, and independence has filled my heart year after year. 


I will treasure the smiles, hugs, laughter, stories, artwork, and unforgettable moments that made each day so special. Your children have touched my life in ways I will never forget. 


I leave with a heart full of gratitude for all the wonderful children I have had the honor to teach.Thank you again for allowing me to be part of your child’s early learning journey. I wish you and your families happiness, success, and many beautiful adventures ahead.


With love and appreciation,


Linda (Mrs. DeLapa 😊)


Have a wonderful summer!!


ANd9GcQc-ymM_S0y1FCmWgqbpBdzd6X9NSZLEtSHNYYSX0PduFlC76PY


Comments

Popular posts from this blog