10/26/2025
Kindergarten Connection
Your child's week with Mrs. DeLapa
Last Week
We are all just loving hearing about the timelines as they come in!! I put them under the document camera and each child wearsthe microphone and tells his/her story to the class. Be sure to take a peek in the hallway while here for conferences.
Now that the weather is more like fall, please be sure your child has adequate outdoor clothing each day. We go outside3 times a day and we want all the children to be comfortable. Thank you.
We had our Varsity football player guest readers for the last time on Friday. We sure have enjoyed getting to know them.
I appreciate the quick response in signing up for conferences. I look forward to this time with you and your child.
Never hesitate to email me (ldelapa@sjschools.org) with any questions you may have regarding any of our “kindergarten stuff.”
Snack and Leaders
Your child will come home with the Leader bag the night before his/her leader day. There is a notebook inside with directions for sharing both a snack with the class and a Show and Tell item. Please refer to the calendar in the back of your child's take home folder for leader and other important dates. I will place the monthly calendars in the folders for your reference.
October 27-Jackson
October 28-Ridhima
October 29-Ari
October 30-Willow
October 31-Brock
November 3-Shriyaa
We have 25 children in our class.
*denotes birthday
We have a child with a nut allergy in our class so please refrain from sending snacks with nuts of any kind.
We will snack in the morning each day. Sending 1 snack is plenty as our lunch time is later in the day. It is not necessary for you to send a snack with your child, as the leader provides it each day. Thank you for sending a leak-proof water bottle with your child each day.
_______________
Next Week Events
I will put our November Leader/Events calendars in folders tomorrow.
Wednesday, 10/29, is a Late Start. We will begin school exactly 1 hour later than usual at 9:30. The buses will pick up 1 hour later than usual as well.
We will continue to learn about past, present and future time. Please return your child's timeline this week. We enjoy hearing
everyone give an short "oral report" of their lives. Drawing the pictures is absolutely fine.
Our Fall Festival will be on Friday, October 31st. Costumes may be worn all day. Thank you for taking toileting into
consideration with costume choices. We will all appreciate costumes staying away from all things scary.
Background checks MUST be submitted for any volunteer working throughout our school environment or with our
students on field trips. This includes guest readers, party volunteers, etc. Please stop in the office to get a form to complete. I am happy to send a form home with your child too. Just let me know. Please note: it could take up to two weeks to receive clearance.
Thank you for returning Library books by Wednesday of each week.
Just a reminder that the students must wear gym shoes each Friday.
Please, please label your child's outdoor clothing, lunch boxes, water bottles, etc.
We will celebrate our 50 Day of School on Tuesday, 11/4. (wrong month last week-Sorry!) I will reach out to the team for that party early this week.
On Monday, 11/3, Mrs. Soyk will teach as I assess each of the students 1-1. I am excited to have this time with each child and get a good indication of what each knows and what I can do to best move them forward.
We will have 1/2 days on Thursday and Friday, 11/6 and 11/9 for conferences.
Friday, 11/14 will be a 1/2 day. This day ends our 1st trimester!


Comments
Post a Comment