Kindergarten Connection

Your child's week with Mrs. DeLapa

                         Last Week

FYI-I put our November Leader/Events calendars in folders last week.

All of our students were screened for Hearing last week. No news, is good news, as I did not receive notice regarding any of our students. 😃

Our Fall Festival was loads of fun! A thankful shout out to the parents who worked to make it special for us.







Thank you for adding any photos taken of our class throughout the year into the album file below.

______________________________________

Snack and Leaders


Your child will come home with the Leader bag the night before his/her leader day. There is a notebook inside with directions for sharing both a snack with the class and a Show and Tell item. Please refer to the calendar in the back of your child's take home folder for leader and other important dates. I will place the monthly calendars in the folders for your reference. 


November 3-Shriyaa

November 4-Jaycion

November 5-Loyalti

November 6-Ara

November 7-Jack

November 10-Dawson


We have 25 children in our class.

*denotes birthday

We have a child with a nut allergy in our class so please refrain from sending snacks with nuts of any kind.

We will snack in the morning each day. Sending 1 snack is plenty as our lunch time is later in the day. It is not necessary for you to send a snack with your child, as the leader provides it each day.  

_______________________________________________


Next Week Events


On Monday, 11/3, Mrs. Soyk will teach as I assess each of the students 1-1. I am excited to have this time with each child and get a good indication of what each knows and what I can do to best move them forward. 


Tuesday, November 4 we will celebrate our 50th Day of School. Thank you to the team of volunteers coming to help with this special day. 🥳 Be sure to go over everything your child brings home that day to reinforce the concept of 50 with your child.


Wednesday, 11/5, is a Late Start. We will begin school exactly 1 hour later than usual at 9:30. The buses will pick up 1 hour later than usual as well. 


We will have 1/2 days on Thursday and Friday, 11/6 and 11/7. I will send a reminder regarding our scheduled time. I look forward to meeting with each of you and your child. 😊


We will continue to learn about past, present and future time. Please return your child's timeline this week. Let me know if you need another copy. We enjoy hearing everyone give a short "oral report" of their lives.


Thank you for returning Library books by Wednesday of each week. 


Just a reminder that the students must wear gym shoes each Friday.


Please, please label your child's outdoor clothing, lunch boxes, water bottles, etc.


Upcoming Events


Wednesday, 11/12 is our Thanksgiving Luncheon. 🦃 There is always a need for volunteers if you would like to help. This day is for the children, it is not a family event. The kindergartners sing a couple songs this day. I will be sure to send a video along to you all. Volunteer link is below.

[https://signup.com/go/kYtDpoK](https://signup.com/go/kYtDpoK)

Friday, 11/14 will be a 1/2 day. This day ends our 1st trimester!


Thanksgiving Break-November 26-28



Comments

Popular posts from this blog